Slideshow Widget

  • Cochem, Germany 2013 photo Cochem_edited-1.jpg" />
  • Heidelberg, Germany 2013 photo heidelberg_edited-1.jpg" />
  •  photo florence.jpg" />
  • Rome, Italy 2013 photo Rome2.jpg" />
  •  photo florence2.jpg" />
  •  photo Venice.jpg" />

Book Crush #3

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Digital Photography Book: The Step-By-Step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Can I share a little about my love for Scott Kelby for just a moment? (Of course I can, this is my blog....) I could tell you all about how I love his style of photography {true} or how much his books and online training are teaching me {also true}. I could talk about his wit and humor and how I love his straight talk {all true}. But that's not where my love affair with him began.

Confession: I'm a Redskins fan. Yup. Ever since I was a little girl. And even though Tennessee now has the Titans, I just can't bring myself to switch allegiance. By all means, Go Titans! But only until you play my 'Skins and then burn, baby, burn! Scott Kelby shoots pro football ... and is also a Redskins fan. I forget if I read that on his Facebook page or on his blog but I was so excited when I realized what a gem we had in common. Be still my beating heart. I'm pretty sure we were meant to be great friends.

That's where it began for me: with his pictures of my favorite team. I keep coming back because his training talks to me in a way I can understand. But what cemented my love & respect for him is his love and respect for his wife. He starts off the acknowledgements section in every one of his books saying the most wonderful things about her. I just think it's the sweetest thing in the world when a man loves his wife and is unafraid to tell the whole world. 

I'm a hopeless romantic, I guess. 



Fancy Nancy
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Ooooh, Fancy Nancy! This is my fiction pick of the week because my niece turned SIX on Friday and her birthday party was Fancy Nancy-themed!

I cannot tell you how much I wish I could have been there for that!

I'm especially proud because I'm pretty sure I gave her her very first Fancy Nancy book when she was tiny. I know I've given her several of them and I'm so thrilled that she enjoys them. Have you read these books??? I absolutely LOVE them! They are smart and sassy and gorgeous! The illustrations are stunning and the stories are fantastic and I love learning all of Nancy's fancy words.

Seriously, if you have a little girl in your life - or were once a little girl yourself - stop by your local library or bookstore and grab a couple of these books. You won't regret it.




Media Mention: Friends of Lola. Great new band right out of Nashville. You can find their debut album on iTunes or their website.