Slideshow Widget

  • Cochem, Germany 2013 photo Cochem_edited-1.jpg" />
  • Heidelberg, Germany 2013 photo heidelberg_edited-1.jpg" />
  •  photo florence.jpg" />
  • Rome, Italy 2013 photo Rome2.jpg" />
  •  photo florence2.jpg" />
  •  photo Venice.jpg" />

Book Crush #7

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Amazon  | Barnes & Noble

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
I'm sort of obsessed with food culture, but you've probably realized that already, haven't you? This book is just another in a long stream of "what the heck am I putting in my body and why?" reads.

And it's a really good one. It has lots of science talk, so if that's not your thing, maybe skip those parts or just read the summaries. I found it fascinating and it reinforced my desire to remove wheat from my diet as much as possible... without turning into a totally crazy person, of course.

Bonus: I picked it up from the library! Yay for that! I love supporting my local library(ies). It saves me money and I have less "stuff" that I don't truly need.







Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble
Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14)


Have you read the Dresden Files? Fantastic series. This is the latest one, #14 in the series, and Mr. Butcher doesn't appear to be losing steam. It's urban fantasy and utterly engrossing.

If you haven't read the series, start with Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) and work your way through. There are plots and subplots and twisted plots ... oh, and magic, Fey godmothers, demons and mobsters to keep you hooked. Perfect for chilly autumn nights.

Just in case you're not completely hooked after reading Storm Front, give the series a shot through book 4, Summer Knight. That's the one that got me hook, line, and sinker. I'll now read every single book in this series without question.






Media Mention

I've been hooked on Dharma & Greg this week. Do you remember this show? It ran from 1997-2002 and was one of my favorites. It still is one of my favorites. I wish I could get the whole series on DVD, but I can only find Season 1 available. If you know any hints, tips or tricks there, please share. Until then, I'll have to keep streaming.

Oh! And if you want a sneak peak look into Mike's and my life together, watch this show. Couldn't be closer to the truth if they'd tried!